Thursday, July 28, 2011

Molto Bene


I don't know what's gotten into me lately, but I am constantly craving Italian food. Last night I picked up some fresh handmade ravioli from Eastern Market and made some delicious marinara sauce with some of the different herbs and spices I had lying around.

That's one of the best things about Italy: with just a few basic ingredients that are commonly hanging around in the kitchen, you can make something delicious. If there is one thing I learned in Italy, it is that Italians never let anything go to waste. Which reminds me, I'll have to let you all in on a very basic but delicious authentic olive oil based sauce recipe from Italy. It is the first thing I learned to make in Italy, and it can be a real life saver when you want to cook something up quickly, without a trip to the grocery store.


No comments:

Post a Comment